Pages

Thursday 13 September 2018

Women's Suffrage Petition

Women’s Suffrage Petition
“I felt something to be proud of.” Kate Sheppard announced after the women’s suffrage petition had been deposited to parliament in July 1893. The petition was signed by beyond 25,000 women. The petition requested permission for women living in New Zealand to be allowed to vote. Many men stated that a woman’s “proper place” was located at home. A few months after the petition was bestowed, a law was created that supplied all women living in New Zealand the permission to vote. New Zealand was the first country to let women vote. Kate Sheppard remains New Zealand’s most famous suffragette.

Image result for women's suffrage petition
Image result for kate sheppard

5 comments:

  1. Hello Anna,
    I really liked your blog post on women’s suffrage petition as it is a big part of New Zealand history. I can not find anything to fault your work. Great job!
    Farewell
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Holly!

      I'm glad you enjoyed my blog post. Thank you very much for your kind comment!

      Kind regards,
      Anna

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anna,
    I really enjoyed your blog post on women's right to vote it was very interesting. Next time you could add some colour. How did you get all of the information?
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.